Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Celtics & Kings Trade and Offseason Moves

I was going to do both these teams by themselves but with recent reports of the Kings wanted to move their two stars I figured I put a monster trade together as well as their offseason moves. Let's start with who the Kings want to move. When I said stars I meant it, they want to move Rudy Gay and DeMarcus Cousins. They want to move Rudy Gay to clear up cap space for Rajon Rondo and Head Coach George Karl doesn't want Cousins on the team. So you guessed it, it's time for the Celtics to swoop in with an offer they can't refuse. We start with the Celtics giving up the 16th, 28th, 33rd and 45th picks in this years draft. Then either Kelly Olynyk or Jared Sullinger, whichever George Karl prefers, and Avery Bradley. Also throw in one of the many 2016 1st round picks the Celtics have and who could refuse. The Celtics could also throw in Gerald Wallace to clear cap space. In return the Celtics get DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay and Nik Stauskas or Ben McLemore. I'm assuming Stauskas would be the one to come over but I'm not sure who the Kings see as a better shooter.

Next we move on to the Celtics offseason. It's not a big offseason other than the trade since they traded their draft picks. First off re-sign Jae Crowder and Jonas Jerebko. Crowder is an incredible spark off the bench that made the Celtics the winners in the Rajon Rondo trade. Jonas Jerebko was also a pleasant surprise after a trade with the Pistons. They both have high energy and Crowder is all hustle all the time. Jerebko is all around good and has also been called the LeBron stopper. I have Crowder coming off the bench regardless, but I think Jerebko should start if they keep Kelly Olynyk. That way he can stretch the floor better because he is much stronger than Olynyk. Plus I like Kelly's energy off the bench. Sullinger is different. He's better as a started and would get the rebounds Cousins misses. If he improves his three point shot he'll be even more dangerous.

As for the Kings they can make up almost everything in the draft. With their sixth pick obviously Willey Cauley-Stein. Great defender and shot blocker. Plus he knows how to lead a team, which is special for a rookie. Then with the 16th pick they should pick Rondae Hollis-Jefferson. I love this kid! He is getting defensive comparisons to Tony Allen, except taller and stronger. He also doesn't have a really awkward jump shot and can add a consistent jumper and 3-point shot in the near future. His defense will play at the NBA level immediately however. Then with the 28th pick I have them taking Jonathan Holmes. His stock dipped this year as he wasn't as consistent offensively this year. But I can see him as either the 2 Guard or small forward to back up Avery Bradley or Hollis-Jefferson. With the 33rd pick I have them picking Olivier Hanlan. A great point guard for Boston College, I think he can eventually evolve into fellow Boston College alumni Reggie Jacksons. For now he'd be great off the bench and benefit from watch Rondo up close. With the 45th pick I have them picking an international talent as a draft and stash. I'm not sure who, but Vlade Divac probably knows better than me. I have them also making two signings. One I already mentioned in Rajon Rondo. The other being Gerald Green. I believe his size and 3-point shooting to come in for Hollis-Jefferson would be perfect and give Jonathan Holmes time to mature, maybe at the D-League.

Both teams will obviously make multiple camp signings and minor signings also but these are the big one I wanted to cover.
If this plays out the teams should look like this

Celtics
Starters
  1. Marcus Smart
  2. Evan Turner
  3. Rudy Gay
  4. Jonas Jerebko/Jared Sullinger
  5. DeMarcus Cousins
Reserves
  1. Isaiah Thomas
  2. Nik Stauskas/Ben McLemore/James Young
  3. Jae Crowder
  4. Kelly Olynyk/Jonas Jerebko
  5. Tyler Zeller
I still have Smart starting for his defensive but Brad Stevens will work out a good rotation like last year. If they acquire Stauskas I have him fighting James Young for the back up spot

Kings
Starters
  1. Rajon Rondo
  2. Avery Bradley
  3. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
  4. Jared Sullinger/Kelly Olynyk
  5. Willie-Cauley-Stein
Reserves
  1. Olivier Hanlan
  2. Ben McLemore/Nik Stauskas
  3. Gerald Green
  4. Carl Landry
  5. Jason Thompson
I like the Kings bench, especially if Landry is healthy. I prefer Sullinger to Olynyk unless Olynyk adds twenty pounds of muscle this offseason.

No comments:

Post a Comment